Root Chakra is your foundation, the place you come to when you need to feel safe, calm, and grounded. Having the stability of Root Chakra underneath you during holiday festivities gives you a firm foundation and starting point to help soothe anxiety. Anxiety is caused by a disconnection from your Root Chakra energy. To reconnect to that grounded place and ease your holiday anxieties, try these tips!
- Eat more protein! We all love a good holiday sweet, but there is something to be said for balancing that with protein. Protein helps to ground your energy and bring you back into your body, instantly staving off those anxious energies.
- Indulge, but keep it balanced... and in the morning. Speaking of holiday sweets, don't be afraid to enjoy your Christmas cookies or pumpkin pie, but remember that sweets bring your energy up towards your Crown. That's the opposite of what you want if you are trying to soothe anxious feelings. so enjoy your sweets, but balance them with protein, and enjoy them closer to the morning, so your energy has time to adjust throughout the day.
- Go outside! It can be difficult to find the motivation to journey outside and put our feet on the ground when it's covered in snow, but this nature energy is key to staying grounded during the holiday season. If you have to, take a hot pot of water and throw it on the ground so you can get your bare feet on the grass, and soak up all that beautiful Earth energy.
- Send Reiki to your feet! Reiki can be a powerful force in helping to calm anxiety and overwhelm, especially when you start with your feet. Send Reiki to your Root Chakra and the soles of your feet to help pull your energy back into your body.
- Give yourself a foot massage. This may sound odd, but hear me out. When you use physical touch, you bring your energy back down to your body. Massaging your feet activates your Root chakra energy and gives you a tactile reminder of where your body is in space, which will help soothe anxious thoughts and feelings.